Community Development Workshop
The annual Community Development Workshop (CDW) is an opportunity to learn with leaders in community development, collaborate with other neighborhood changemakers, and be empowered to transform your community.
6TH ANNUAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP
Saturday, February 24, 2018
8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Kauffman Foundation Conference Center
The years Community Development Workshop will again offer neighborhood, government, and nonprofit leaders, residents, grassroots activists, and other community stakeholders from both KS and MO, a free opportunity to learn, collaborate, and build new relationships that support community development.
This year, the workshop offered attendees four breakout tracks to choose from. The tracks—We Want Housing and Development, We Want a Healthier Environment, We Want a Safer Community, and We Want to Build a Local Economy—included discussions of opportunities and challenges, as well as connections to local resources, and available community development tools.
- 2018 Community Development Workshop Program
- Resources from the Affordable Housing Session
- Resources from the Asset Based Community Development workshops
Community Development Workshop Extensions: This year we are excited to introduce Community Development Workshop Extensions—an opportunity to continue the community development conversation before and after the annual workshop. Stay tuned for more details on the sessions below.
- February 23, 2018 — Real Estate Development by Greater Kansas City LISC
- April 10, 2018— The Power of Neighborhoods: The Residents
- April 11, 2018 - How the Philanthropic Community Can Strengthen the Capacity of Neighborhoods.
- April 11, 2018 - How Organizations Can Mobilize the Power of Neighborhood Residents
- April 19, 2018 - An Evening with Dr. Mindy Thompson-Fullilove